Recommended Best Sellers!
You hiking excursions can greatly benefit from a lightweight pair of women’s hiking boots. It is too much uncomfortable to wear heavy boots on a hike, especially when you are carrying a fully packed hiking backpack at your back. You need hiking boots that are lightweight so you can maintain your balance and stability. Thick hiking boots are not ideal for long trails, since they can slow you down and they do not offer proper ventilation. But with a pair of lightweight hiking boots, you can walk faster, stronger, and extra sure of your steps all the way.
Quick buying guide
Let us check the different aspects of a lightweight hiking boot.
- Full-grain leather – excellent durability and resistance to abrasion.
- Split-grain leather – excellent breathability and lightweight feature.
- Nubuck leather – looks like suede, and this durable material offers resistance to abrasion and water.
- Synthetics – lighter but not as durable as leather.
- Waterproof membranes – Gore-Tex or eVent for repelling water. Breathability is reduced with waterproof boots.
- Vegan – hiking boots manufactured without any byproducts or animal ingredients.
- Insulation – keeps the boots warm especially in cold weather. Synthetic insulation is mostly used in mountaineering boots.
- Shanks – choose a product that has 3-5mm thick inserts for superior internal boot support.
- Plates – thin and semi-flexible inserts are ideal for a good internal support.
- Lug pattern – lugs that are widely spaced are better at providing good traction.
- Heel brake – visibly defined heel area lessens the potential for slipping in wet or slippery surfaces.
- EVA – the use of EVA allows for a cushier and lighter midsole. Plus hiking boots with EVA is more affordable compared to those that do not utilize EVA.
- Polyurethane – women’s hiking boots are firmer and more sturdy when the midsoles are made from polyurethane material.
Top 5 Lightweight Women’s Hiking Boots
Garmont Women’s Tower Hike GTX Outdoor Lightweight Hiking Boot
The Garmont Women’s Tower Hike GTX Outdoor Lightweight Hiking Boot is slim, lightweight, and extremely durable. It is capable of handling even the toughest terrains, especially since it is designed with an extra elevation in the ankle for efficient support. This pair of women’s hiking boot is manufactured with the G-Heel technology that provides exceptional stability. These hiking boots are crafted with an asymmetrical lace closing method that makes it easy for you to handle these boots. Plus, this product is equipped with a padded tongue that offers additional comfort.
- Precise shaping
- Durable and long-lasting
- Anatomically directed design
This product is highly recommended. It is superior in quality, and it is very flexible.
Merrell Women’s Siren Edge Hiker
The Merrell Women’s Siren Edge Hiker has a low-rise design, and it is lightweight. The boots are manufactured with a sturdy Vibram sole, breathable mesh, and ultra-light materials. They have excellent cushioning with a smooth and contoured footbed that offers extreme comfort. This product is capable of absorbing shocks from your hiking adventure. With these boots, you do not have to worry about having smelly feet after a day’s hike since they are odor resistant.
- Breathable mesh lining
- Plush collar and tongue
- Molded nylon arch shank
- EVA contoured footbed
- Lace-up closure
- Bellows tongue
- Shock absorption
- Not waterproof
This product is made from high quality materials, and it is proudly made in the United States. And it is highly recommended.
Salewa Alpenrose Ultra Mid GORE-TEX Hiking Shoes for Women
The Salewa Alpenrose Ultra Mid GORE-TEX Hiking Shoes for Women is designed and built for women who love outdoor adventures. These hiking boots are very lightweight and capable of handling any types of terrain. They have a high-tech appearance and a sleek design. This product offers superb design and excellent support in your hiking trips. The boots are great for uneven surfaces, and you will always have stability and balance.
- Extremely lightweight
- Michelin ultra train outsole
- Rubber sole
- Superior comfort
- Sturdy and long-lasting
- Incredible design
- A bit expensive than other women’s hiking boots
This product is a perfect combination of technical prowess and lightweight feature. And so this pair of women’s boots is highly recommended.
Astral Women’s TR1 Merge Minimalist Hiking Boots
The Astral Women’s TR1 Merge Minimalist Hiking Boots is designed to have superior traction that can strongly handle slippery and wet surfaces such as rushing rivers and creek beds. Wearing these boots can actually save your life when you are faced with hazardous terrains, thanks to the optimum performance G.15 rubber outsole. This hiking boot for women is lightweight, breathable, and definitely durable.
- Very lightweight
- Super sticky
- Trail grip
- High quality 5mm lugs
- Quick dry canvas
- Balanced feel
- Comfortable and firm EVA heel cup
- Vegan boots
- Protective TPU overlays
- Drain holes for removing extra water
- Not waterproof
This product is highly recommended, due to its superior traction, sturdiness, and functionality.
Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Hiking Boot
The Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Hiking Boot has a simple yet absolutely sophisticated design. These boots look like a traditional pair of hiking boots, and they do not take a lot of time to break. They are made from high quality leather, rubber, and nylon that add to the appeal of the boots. These women’s hiking boots are lightweight and they optimized advanced technology.
- Great for wide feet women
- Feminine style
- Omni grip
- Adjustable features
- Waterproof full grain leather
- Durable mesh tongue
- Lace up closure system
- Not ideal for serious hikers
This product is very efficient in making your hiking adventures fruitful and safe. Therefore it is highly recommended for you.
Hiking is always better with lightweight hiking boots. It is quite difficult to walk on different terrains with heavy boots on your feet. And so you need to choose the best lightweight women’s hiking boots in the market for your outdoor escapades.